| I put this cupcake batter in a plastic bag and it worked wonderfully putting the batter in my cupcake liners! |
I decided to try out some new cupcakes without using the box, and since I had done the chocolate cupcake recipe with vanilla frosting... I figured it was time to do something new. So, I decided to still keep it pretty normal and do a yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting.
I used tip 1M for the decorating and put on some sugar pearls for an extra sparkle!
My yellow cupcake recipe came from www. joyofbaking.com.
My chocolate frosting:
(adapted from www.joyofbaking.com)
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 teaspoons milk
Start by melting the chocolate in a double boiler. Once it is melted, let it get to room temperature... but still stir it some so it does not get hard. In the meantime, using a hand or stand mixer mix the butter to a creamy texture, (about 1 to 2 minutes). Add the confectioner's sugar, a little at a time and mix it well, followed by the milk. Finally, mix in the chocolate on low speed and then increase speed to what you would like, in order to get the texture you like.
Note: I doubled the recipe to be able to make the frosting on the cupcakes the way I wanted it, but it is your choice. Also, I added milk to make it have more of a chocolate buttercream taste, rather than a chocolate fudge frosting taste!
Enjoy!
-Leah :)
Read more:http://www.joyofbaking.com/YellowCupcakes.html#ixzz1BReKabUY
| Before the icing... |
| After the frosting... :) |
2 comments:
They're beautiful!
Thank you, Melissa! :)
Post a Comment