The first set of cupcakes I made for 2011 were my New Year's Cupcakes. I chose to make a chocolate cupcake and a vanilla frosting. They were absolutely delectable and were from scratch!! :)
The chocolate cupcake recipe I chose was called "Beatty's Chocolate Cake" found on www.foodnetwork.com. I used the recipe for the cake and just put them in cupcake liners.
The vanilla frosting recipe was definitely a must try. Many times the vanilla frosting can get too sweet, but this was delicious! I found this recipe on www.rachelray.com and you just type in vanilla frosting. It's the first one that pops up.
Ok, so back to the cupcake. I used tip 12 for the icing directly on the cupcake and tip 4 for writing letters. With writing letters it can be very tricky, so if you mess up, don't worry about, you can correct it next time. To top everything off I put some silver sprinkles on the cupcake to really put New Year's colors in there!
Enjoy!
-Leah :)
No comments:
Post a Comment